Friday 6 August 2021

Stan's road trip to Brecon

So for 3 nights I'm doing something I NEVER thought I'd do!

I've headed off on a solo trip in my VW Caddy Camper.

I am so chuffed with myself as I didn't get lost on route and even found a great extra stop on the way which was just perfect.



It turns out to be a super small world, as the Ena at reception for the Weir Garden National Trust was so friendly and knew the owner of the campsite I'm staying at!



Ena said that I must go and visit the walled garden before I left. Wow I was so glad she told me too, it was just beautiful. 





I almost always have my knitting with me as I love to photograph my current projects in different settings. 

I came across a lovely enclosed seat. 


It made for dramatic black and white shots. 





But equally the walled garden was an amazing backdrop too. 


Then having recharged the batteries I headed to Hay on Wye as it had been recommended as a lovely town for a quick pitstop visit.





By now it was almost 4pm so time to head to the campsite I'm staying at which was only 15 minutes away. 

Set in a working farm surrounded by fields I made myselt at home. 


/


I just hope the predicted weather does not come true for tommorw!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...