Monday 9 August 2021

Elan Valley, Rhayader, Brecon

So yesterday myself and my dear friend Sophie who I have not seen for five years finally met up and had a day out in the Elan Valley with Stan.

We started off wrapped in wooly hats and ended with sunshine and the most spectacular views I could have wished for.

With Sophie guiding us we visited all three reservoirs that make up Elan Valley and did a loop ending on the road to Rhayader.  As you leave the last reservoir and head up the valley the area opens. To some it may seem barron as it's just miles and miles of undulating hills and valleys. To me it was just breathtaking. 

Sophie said a brilliant quote that "the air was different" and it is. The open space, the views, the quiet to just be and listen to silence and nature and just watch the clouds moving is something so precious.

I hope you enjoy the photographs and would love to hear any comments. 

See you in the next chapter....




My Road to Happiness Cardi had to have at least a row knitted into the memories of making it. 


I gifted Sophie my a hat I'd designed, she loved it so much she wore it almost all day! 







My Take Time Shawl came in handy for warmth and colour. 










Without a shadow of a doubt this view sat on a bench over looking this valley seeing a red kite and just being was the highlight of my trip.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...