Monday 23 August 2021

A day exploring North Devon

So yesterday was a drive, stop and visit kind of a day, which was great. Just pick a place then look on Google maps and see where else fancy stopping.

We started with a planned stop to Tarr Steps a place I knew from my childhood.




We did the circular walk which was lovely running also side the river then up into the woods.

We came across more coins in logs, I'd love to know why and when this was started.


Then we took the road that lead us up to to the moors and the joy of having a campervan is not only can you sleep in it bit you have all your food with you!!

What a view lunch was and time for a little knitting of my Road to Happiness Cardi.






On route to our next stop we were lucky enough to see a group of Exmoor Ponies. 



We then headed to South Molton and had a walk around.




We both looking around Churches when we visit places and we came across one that sadly looked like it was barely used now.




The graves were so elaborate in the 1800's.

After a short stop we found a lovely little stop off that sold lovely gifts.



We bought some goodies then we're heading back to the campsite, but I spotted Dulverton was on the return trip so we stopped and shared some dinner at The Bridge Inn pub right on the river bank.



I managed to get a row in too, what a place to sit, look and relax, although the concrete was a little uncomfortable after a while!

Then we had a little walk around the town and found another lovely Church where the light was amazing shining on it.


On the way back to Stan I saw a brilliant pub sign too.


Today will be the last adventure out for now and it will involve a National Trust Property so it is sure to be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...