Sunday 13 November 2022

Mid November weekend

So the temperatures here in the Cotswolds UK have been a balmy 18°!!

So weather that requires getting out and appreciating it.

So Saturday was a two trip event, firstly to Leaf & Ground near Dursley. I had never been before and it was well worth the trip and would recommend if your in the area.


They have a nice woodland walk, a cafe, Garden centre and a shop with some very nice gift ideas in. 






I love the stain glass dog ❤️

I did come away with a lovely treat for the home from Flourish & Leaf a twisted Melt Burner.  Where you put in wax and a tea light at the bottom and it burns it.  Oh my goodness it smells amazing!!!


After leaving here it was still only 2.30pm so too early to head home on such a lovely day.  So instead I headed to a place that has been on my to visit list for a while and it was only twenty minute drive.

Purton Ship Graveyard is a fascinating place on the banks of the River Severn looking over to the Forest of Dean.  When I visited the tide was out and you could see the mud banks, but with the tidal river being the third highest in the world, it wouldn't stay like it for long! 





Running parallel to the River is the camel which looked beautiful and so tranquil with the birds singing. 


I did manage to capture a lovely sunset on the river too. 


So that was Saturday.  Sunday I had no plans and I'm discovering that actually it's not a problem not planning everything and just waking up and deciding on the day what I want to do. After years of being a huge planner it is a very liberating experience and I even managed to finish I book I've been reading for months!! 

But as the day looked lovely again I thought I'd head to the local hill past the thousands of race goers heading to a meeting at Cheltenham races and go up to Cleeve Hill the highest hill in Gloucestershire. 

It is always busy in the car park, but I've been visiting long enough to know where to go.  So walking boots on and off I went.  A nice three and half mile walk with camera at the ready for a few pictures. 



Up on the top of the hill I came across a row of mushrooms, sadly many had been broken off but I managed to get a group that had not been damaged. 


I also came across the fascinating information about the sheep dip on the hill. 




I hope you have enjoyed my weekend travels.  

It has taken me many years to appreciate that I do live in a beautiful part of the wold and some people are not as lucky as I am to have not only the ability to travel in my amazing van to places when I want  But the Cotswolds albeit not by the sea (my favourite place) is still beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...