Friday 8 June 2018

Slimbridge in May


I have been a member of World Wetlands Trust for more years than I can remeber and try and visit Slimbridge which is only 30 minutes drive from me as often as I can.

On 19th May which was a rather warm day and also the day of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding.
I decided it would be a quiet day to head off to have a relax at the trust.





I found a new walk which I had not been on before that takes you right down to the Seven Esturary.  I sat here for about an hour and just watched the waders and the River Severn ebb and flow.  This river is the longest river in Great Britain and brings together four rivers into one. It also has a hugh tidal range and Tidal Bore which is a spectacle I have yet to see.



 

There are the amazing pink Flamingos in three different locations around the site.
 
The South Lake hide is my favourite spot to just sit and chill and watch.

I take knitting almost every where. This project will be my new Deckchair socks.





The iconic building that I regonise instantly to symbolise Slimbridge.
Over the next two year's they are making changes to the site in a project called Slimbridge 2020.
I am so looking forward to being able to view Sir Peter Scott's home and visit the new aviary.

Another aspect i love about Slimbridge are the arrear of flowers they have.






So if your ever in the area pop in. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...