Sunday 22 April 2018

Trip to Tewkesbury

This morning I woke to this poignant message having being sent to me by a good friend. I was unsure what to do with my day as I had no plans and the weather was set to be nice. 

So I decided to heed the advice and set off to Tewkesbury. 

On Friday I had treated myself to a nice new pair of walking shoes so this would be a great first outing for them.


Not even five minutes into my walk I spotted this beautiful Bluebells.


My first stop was a place called Lower Lode, Tewkesbury  you come down to the River Severn and the viewing point looks over to the 13th Century B&B/pup/campsite which was very popular today.


I decided to sit and people watch and listen to the bird's singing for 5 minutes whilst knitting a little of my new sock.


I then headed back the same way and walked across the park with the majestic Tewkesbury Abbey as the backdrop .


Here I sat for a little longer and listened to the bell ringing and watched as a coach load of visitors from Nottingham came to look around the Abbey.


In the grounds of the Abbey is the most amazing tree. 


It is always fun to stand under such spectacular branches.


I then headed into town for a short walk and take in the architecture of this mix of old and new buildings. 




There is a great rabbit warren of alleyways which are always great to explore. 




I then started to head back and took the route across Severn Ham Nature Reserve



At the end of my walk I came across this beautiful cottages.


Back in 1995 on the second year of my Degree in Knitwear Design this cottage was the inspiration for my jumper.



1 comment:

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...