Monday 11 June 2018

Woolacombe Tank Top


Over the bank holiday at the end of May, myself and my wife had an amazing four night stay in Woolacombe.

I never go anywhere without my knitting and this trip was no exception!

I took with me my summer top I designed, based on a simple t shirt style, with a little flair at the bottom.

I have combined two laceweight yarns. The first is Fyberspates Gleem Lace 
this comes 25 glourious colourways and is made from 55% Bluefaced Leicester and 45% Silk.

The second colourway is Chester Wool Tranquil Lace .  
I have a BIG stash of Chester Wool yarn as I just love it so much. The yarn is all natural colours which I love, but many indie dyers buy their yarn from here directly.
This yarn is made from 50% Camel and 50% Silk.

So with these two yarns combined the drape of the garment is just perfect.

While away the accommodation had the most perfect window seat.  I have never been anywhere with a window seat and what a view!!

When my wife was not sitting in the seat I sat and looked out down to Woolcombe sands and all the surfer's and people enjoying the beach.



If I was not sat in the window, I sat on the sofa and the view was equally amazing.  I spent many happy hours just looking at this hill, watching the cars coming a going and the sheep on the hill.
Whilst away we walked about 35 miles around this stunning part of north Devon and we loved it so much we have booked to go back next year!

I have named my top Woolacombe Tank top as the colours from the area match perfectly with the colours in the finished garment.

This is Woolacombe beach

This is Barrican Beach, which after the sandy beach is my favourite place.  
Here you can find so many shells and incredible rock formations.

Just look at the incredible colours found in these rock.

This is the finished top, I feel it will get alot of wear and I love it so much I am going to make another.



1 comment:

  1. Wow that place looks amazing - and love the knit wear. What a great place to relax, walk and knit and love the name Woolacombe Tank Top!

    ReplyDelete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...