Monday 25 June 2018

#knitwhileyouwalk


Having been inspired to start walking alot after my recent trip to Woolacombe here is the blog post.  I decided it would be good to start walking to and from work as it is only just over three miles a day.

But instead of just walking to work, I thought why not knit while I walk to produce some socks, this way benefiting from the exercise and producing something at the same time.

So I started on 4th of June and everyday that I walk I do a little more of my sock.

I thought it would be nice to keep a record for myself to see the progress and places I go whilst walking.

With Sock one I am using West Yorkshire Spinner's colourway Kingfisher.  I would personal call it "Beach" as it reminds me of the sand and the different colours of the sea and sky.

The journey this sock has been on are,
  • a trip to collect tickets for a great trip to Bath, many trips to and from work.  
  • A journey on the train with my son to Bristol on a great day out.  
  • A great walk in the country lanes to my local garden centre.
  • A train journey to Bath for Karie Westermann Design your own lace shawl 
  • A bus journey with my son who wil be 17 in July and is starting College, so we did the "check the bus route" trip.
  • The final stitches were made on 20th June.

Here's to the next pair and many many more #knitwhileyouwalksocks.




















2 comments:

  1. Not sure I could walk and knit at the same time especially whilst walking the dogs. Lovely colour wool too. I keep seeing sock posts which is a constant reminder that I am yet to start my socks for this years sockline. As I'm off to my son's this weekend I may take some with me to start as its so easy to transport.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I draw the line at being able to walk my two and knit, but I thought instead of cycle why not walk and that way I can have a more relaxed journey and produce something at the same time. I have been to the last 5 Yarndale's, such a great place but decided not to go this year. Here's to many socks :)

      Delete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...