Saturday 18 February 2023

Brimscombe and the canal.

I'm wanting to explore more local places to where I live as so many people say how picturesque the Cotswolds are.



Today was a lovely outing and met my lovely friend Claire. 

On Claire's recommendation we went to a place called Brimscombe which is just past Stroud.

Not only does it have an amazing, sorry scrub that an INCREDIBLE bookshop run by the Cotswold Canal Trust.

I didn't even see all the books in there and we were there an hour!



Claire bought a whole collection of books, including a variety of books based on Scotland.  

I was so chuffed to get 5 books from MC Beaton that I am collecting and another fiction book based in Cotswolds. 


Before we headed for a walk along the canal I used the ladies.  How cool is it to find these two pictures on the wall.



So we had a stroll with Claire's dogs down the canal. 




I got to walk Arcbie who was super cute and wow so light compared to Luna!

Then it was time for the cafĂ©.  



They had some beautiful paintings aswell. 


Obviously I took my knitting too! 


After having our refreshments Claire headed off, but I decided to carry on and explore more of the canal. 




There was some great graffiti along the way too. 



I loved the sheep one! 

I was amazed how deep down the water is in a canal. 



I then walked back on the road and came across the most amazing bus stop. 




Isn't it the most amazing place to have painted seats, paintings while you wait for the bus. 

We'll be back as we picked up a loyalty card for the cafe!! 




1 comment:

  1. That looks an amazing place Sara you certainly made the most of it. Love little Archie wonder what Luna will say when she sniffs you,DOG. Now that's a great bus stop never seen one like it and love the graffiti. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Rhosilli and Burry Port

One of the many reasons I love The Gower is the large expanses of beaches, which unlike Devon and Cornwall are so much quieter and just huge...