Tuesday 12 July 2022

Day 2 Pembrokeshire Martin's Haven and Scomer


So day two I decide to travel from the campsite about 25 miles to Martin's Haven a true jewel in the crown of land the National Trust owns.



I started my morning by walking down to the beach where you can get a boat to Skomer and surrounding islands.  This is very popular at this time of year due to the puffins on Skomer.

In the distance you can see the coast line of St David's.

After going to the beach I decided to take a walk around Deer park and enjoy the spectacular coastline.








I always take project to knit something like a pair of socks is the perfect versitle project.


I had to take a panoramic and now have this as a perfect reminder as my desktop screensaver.


This is Martin's Haven beach were a group of young lads where out scuba diving.



This is the Coastguards lookout tower where they keep a watch over the coastline.

This was as close to Skomer Island as i'll get.

 

Whilst standing so close to Skomer was amazing, I also suffered from very bad vertigo, hence such a short video, but you can see how amazing the place is.



As I was walking back I joined these two lovely guys who where the coast guards on the day.  It is incredible to think it is all run by the kindness of people like these men as it is all voluntary.

By the time I got back to the van the field was almost empty.  I wish I had stayed till about 10pm as this area is marked as one of the areas to see a perfect dark sky which would have been incredible.

This was the view at the top of the campsite at 10pm



My lovely cosy set up after a brilliant day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...