Sunday 24 July 2022

Vanlife Festival 2022

So for those who follow me either here or on other social media outlets will know I'm the proud owner of a VW Camper.  Ok it's a "Micro camper" so I've learned being a Caddy van.  But non the less there are many of us out there and it is still my very own campervan.

I have never been to a van festival before and wow it was such fun.  It was in a perfect location for me just 30 miles from home with a nice scenic drive to get to Stratford upon Avon racecourse.

The event was sold out thanks to the power of social media.  You could either camp from Friday to Sunday or like me just go for the day.  

The set up was that campervan owner's were invited to exhibit there vans along with some stall holders selling crafty items, one stallholder had knitted and crotchet items! Along with a lady who made bespoke badges to put in your van and you could have on clothing, more on this shortly.

So let me share with you the visual story of the day.



How cool is this with an extra room up top 


I adhore this logo "Happiness is the journey not the destination" 


I have been chatting off and on to my fellow Caddy owner for ages and finally got to meet him, after he spotted me wondering around. 


Love this spray paint of Glastonbury Tour. 


This like so many was a labour of love and the flags were brilliant. 


Such variety of campervans just incredible. The Instagram for this is @hvanomtour.


One of the few Caddy conversions I saw and only one ever seen with port hole windows.
 


Two stand out VW painted vans. 


I tiny home that you can take almost anywhere 


Another Caddy a converted British Gas vans which are very popular has seen many travels with @Claudiathecaddy


If you fancied adding your own artwork they gave you a pen to write on the car! 



The paint job on this was brilliant the owners @girls_that_travel_


Just look at this a van that has extra space on top and is towed by another vehicle. 




Of course I found the yarn stall where you could buy crotchet bags and knitted socks. 



So many stickers with great logo idea's. 




These are the owners of Claudia the Caddy a lovely couple who have travelled large areas of the UK. 



I sat and listened to the talk by 3 van owners who gave up there bricks and motar to live full time in the van. Not something I would do but was really interesting to listen to. 


Not something you'd ever think would be converted to a camper! 








As I was heading back I came across this great stall where I bought 3 van stickers and a great t-shirt from @sunflowersignsbysue

All in all a brilliant day out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...