Wednesday 7 October 2020

Woodchester Mansion

So today with an impromptu day off and our National Trust membership having not been used much, we decided to head off to Woodchester 

Woodchester Mansion is a fascinating building It is an unfinished masterpiece. Building started about 1857, but stopped in the mid-1860s so floors and ceilings are missing, walls not plastered and windows unglazed. All the secrets of the construction of the Mansion are visible - something visitors will never see in another country house.


I love how there are so many windows around one door! 

This statue was engraved with name Windy Miller, just sweet, would love this in my garden. 

We had a lovely 5 mile walk through the woods as the Mansion is set in woodland owned by National Trust

The light and the colour of the trees were just stunning. 




I do love black and white images they just focus you on the silhouettes. 


Another beauty of the woods are the close ups you can get with the ferns. 




The colours of the berry's just jumped out. 


All my pictures are taken on my Huawei p30 Pro phone and I have a macro setting which I love for being able to see such close up detail. 

This flower head is just so delicate and pretty. 


About 2.5 miles from the car park is a beautiful lake that you can walk all the way around.   It has many areas that you can get right down to the waters edge which is so lovely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...