Saturday 31 October 2020

New shawl release

 So over the past few months I have been working in collaboration with Kate Selene on a new shawl.

Kate has the most incredible range of yarns to pick from so it was hard to narrow it down to exactly what I wanted.  

But once I had picked her variegated yarn called "Elmer in the Sun" (what a brilliant name!) it was just a perfect match to add the red and orange.

The beauty of working with Kate is that she will be providing kits in this colour range to accompany the pattern. 


The deisgn of the shawl itself started during lockdown. I wanted to create a shawl that would combine the simple rhythm of both  stocking stitch and garter stitch to let the variegated yarn speak for itself. But I also wanted some texture to keep the knitter wanting more.

For me my favourite part has to be the edging. Based over 12 stitches but it is split into thirds to give a real "pop" to finish with.

The finished shawl is perfect accessory for any time of year and is also universal, my model James could quite happily have taken it home to wear.

The pattern itself has both written and charted instructions and is laid out in such a way that it can be printed as an A5 booklet.

I have made the pattern available on two different platforms Ravelry and Etsy

For me designing is about so much for than the finished product. It's about creating something that is not only enjoyable to make but beautiful to wear.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...