Monday 7 August 2023

Walking for Maggies Centre

So in the month of August I am taking part in a charity walk for Maggie's Centres a fantastic resource for people who have either been through, or are going through Cancer Treatment.

The event requests that you walk 31 miles wiithin the month and as I walk a minimum of 50 miles a month anyway I have up'd the anty to 100 miles walking for the month.

Today I have raised £108 which is amazing, but obviously I would like to raise more for this incredible charity.

So this weekend for a change of scene I was joined by a good friend to do a walk in a place I have walked many many times.

Brean Down is owned by the National Trust and is a beautiful place to visit.  The walk along the headland give some incredible views which I have shared with you.




As part of the charity walk we have been kindly given t-shirts to wear.

I loved how the flowers on the headland matched the t-shirt.



My friend was steaming ahead of me on the walk.


The views at the end are so worth the walk.



I just loved the details found in the fortress.


 
Can't beat just standing and taking in nature.


After a refreshing walk we stopped off at the cafe for some delicious lunch.



The beauty of the sea is the huge expanse of just openess.


So many rock pools to discover.


The beach has a tide that comes right in and then leaves such interesting finds behind.

We were so blessed with the weather, apart from a couple of small showers just look at that sky!


The area is part of King Charles III England Coast Path which aims to open up paths around England as close to the sea as possible.


This little bungalow was one my family stayed in twice which has great memories attatched to it.  You could literally walk down straight on to the beach.  Sadly they no longer rent it out.


As you walk along the beach a few properties, oh my goodness this Grand Design house called Sandmore has been built.  On the ground floor was an incredible white grand piano!


I walked about a mile and half along the beach just enjoying the view, the fresh breeze and the incredible view.



But I would find it hard to find a better postion than this to sit and knit and take in the view.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rhosilli and Burry Port

One of the many reasons I love The Gower is the large expanses of beaches, which unlike Devon and Cornwall are so much quieter and just huge...