Sunday 2 April 2023

Highnam Court Open Gardens

The National Open Garden Scheme NGS is now in full swing here in the UK.

A few years ago I visited Highnam Court with my Son.  Today I took Luna for a trip out.

Spread over 40 acres the gardens are beautiful.  There are a mixture of perfectly planted gardens, an acre's worth of Rose garden's that I will be going back to see in the summer.

Two very large lakes and a rockery with a big pond and the most photographic planting of Helabores of so many varieties and delicate Primroses.  

I spoke to a lady who had travelled up from Bristol and she said just how well kept the garden's are and she is right they are not over managed they just look natural. 

Then we have the sculptures.  Goodness so many, some from wood and metal and the carvings are just so skilled. 

So let me share my trip with picture's for you to enjoy. 
























My favourite sculpture had to be this one. 


I mean who doesn't love Toad of Toad Hall! 

Luna came out for a short while, but their were to many dog's for her so she happily watched the world from the safety of the backpack. 


Hope you enjoyed reading and viewing.  Please do leave a comment below I would love to hear what you think. 

Until next time... 


2 comments:

  1. Virginia Tomlinson2 April 2023 at 09:49

    I love the Helibors I didn't know there were so many varieties. Your so lucky there are so many beautiful places to visit. Is it National Trust?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's part of the National Garden Scheme only £5 entry and I got a lovely plant for £1.50

      Delete

Rhosilli and Burry Port

One of the many reasons I love The Gower is the large expanses of beaches, which unlike Devon and Cornwall are so much quieter and just huge...