Thursday 2 June 2022

David Austin Rose Garden

After staying with my dear friend last week and as always admiring her incredible garden we got talking about the Rose's she has. 


She is a huge fan of David Austin Rose's.  On Rosy's (what a perfectly apt name!) coffee table was the special edition 60th anniversary brochure.  It is just beautiful and I have ordered my own copy if nothing else just to get inspiration for now!  

You can order your own booklet here, it is full of photographs, facts and story telling.

When you order online or purchase directly from the gardens they guarantee the Rose for five years should if fail to grow or be damaged in any way they will replace free of charge.  I have never come across this kind of care and attention to detail before.

All the Rose's are grown in the UK in Shropshire and the variety for every single situation is just breath taking.  Like many nursery's it is a family run company of three generations.  Amazingly they have breed over 200 varieties.

The first Rose they bread was called Constance Spry back in 1961 a climbing Rose reaching heights of up to 20ft!  The most recent edition is the glorious Pink Rose called Elizabeth to mark the Platinum Jubilee. 

You can visit the garden's for free you just need to pick a day and time slot and off you go link here.I can not recommend it highly enough.

Now please enjoy my trip out in photographs.





















After you have looked around the gardens you can visit the area where you can purchase a little bit of magic.  Alongside the Rose's you can buy they also sell stunning plants to accompany them.








I also (as always) took my knitting!



I hope you have enjoyed my visual day out and would love to hear your comments in the box below.

Until next time..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...