Saturday 11 June 2022

Ashton Under Hill open gardens

So those who follow my blog will know I do love a good garden, anything flower related really!!

So when Peter from Thorncroft Clematis told me about the Open Garden weekend at Ashton Under Hill I knew it would be worth visiting.

I came across the stunning Clematis that are grown by Peter's nursery when I had a great day out at Malvern Flower Show and after some research discovered that there nursery was literally 20 minutes from home.  The nursery is only open to the public a few date's in the year so what better way to see it then when the rest of the beautiful village has 25 other gardens open too.

So I started my tour by heading firstly to see Peter. 


What absolutely lovely guy and wow sooooo knowledgeable.  I don't profess to be an expert in any way!  My blog just shares with you my photographic diary of places I go. 

So please enjoy Part 1 of my trip in pictures and videos..... 













These are just a snap shot of what is available and I can confirm that my plant I bought at Malvern is growing brilliantly and has an abundance of flowers. 

After my time at the nursery I didn't just want to go straight to the garden's. I love being out surrounded by nature, so I headed off down a country lane to have an explore and wow I was not disappointed!!




I also as always took knitting with me and sat just taking in my surroundings. 


Until next time...... 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog Sara, gorgeous clematis too. Great to see woods so good for wildlife. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...