Tuesday 11 January 2022

New year and first trip to WWT Slimbridge

For me WWT Slimbridge holds a special place in my heart.  I have visited here for many many years and this year I have decided to combine my love of the wetlands and my passion for knitting.

I will be visiting several times during the course of this year (more than normal) as I am working on an exciting new project.

Here is pictures I took on my trip this weekend where Slimbridge held a Wild Winter Wonderland special event.   The event was great they had many voluteer's who have such an incredible knowledge dotted in different hides.  I also joined the "Winter Wader Workshop" where you went into different hides and were given a huge amount of information all about the different types of wildfowl that you could see.

To end the day we stayed till just before closing and watched one of the staff doing is daily feeding of the birds at the Peng hide.  Wow it was incredible seeing so many birds coming in to feed and goodness some of the camera's the photographers had made me want to hide my mere phone camera!

I came across this brilliant resource here on the wetlands website which shows what birds where seen that day.

I hope you enjoy the images and would love to hear your thoughts on my blog.

Until next time....



Gormerants

Delicate catkins

Signs of spring

Macro shooting, it's all in the detail

The iconic Slimbridge building

View from the new hide over looking the seven esturay

Getting ready for their evening feed

A spectacular site and what a job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...