Monday 23 October 2023

Last camping trip of the year

I am very blessed in many ways.  

One of those is that my son now has a roof top tent, so sometimes I get to enjoy his company whilst we go camping in our respective vehicles.

So for my last trip out in the van for the year we headed to Brecon to the first campsite I went to as a solo camper.

I knew it would be perfect not too big and the facilities are first rate, this is the site if you'd like to take a look Bryndu Camping.

We were lucky as there were barely anyone else staying so we got to pick where we wanted to park.

After a good night's sleep we headed off to Botanic Garden Wales.  But we did stop off briefly at Llandovery. 

 
We then arrived at the gardens.   I had been previously a couple of years before twice in one week and still hadn't managed to see everything, but knew I would loved it third time round. 

So I decided to invest and buy a year's membership as I will be visiting again next year. 

The Annual membership is really worth it as I can also visit Westonbirt Arboretum, Birmingham, Coventry and Oxford Gardens all in the price. 
 
I took some pictures for you to see some of the gardens.
 



 
 

The tropical house was amazing with the Bananas growing. 




 



I love walking around the grounds too and it was so lovely to see the autumnal leaves against the water. 



There is a big sculpture that from one direction it looks like a seat and another it looks like an apple. 


It was a long day so it was nice to settle in and snuggle down with the fairy lights in the van. 

The next day we headed to Hay on Wye, famous for once a year having a Literature Festival spread over 11 days and attracts over 100,000 people.

The town is so refreshing, not only is it surrounded by beatifult coutryside, but it has so many small indepentant shops.  

Along with knitting and van life I do also enjoy reading so to walk around the incredible amount of bookshops of which there are over twenty was amazing.





 
For the final part of the trip we stopped off for an hour at Weir Garden which I wrote about here
Again it was a short trip and we did not get to see everything, but it was a garden's will definately visit again and the drive home was very pretty too.



 
I thought I would finish the blog with this great plague I saw.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rhosilli and Burry Port

One of the many reasons I love The Gower is the large expanses of beaches, which unlike Devon and Cornwall are so much quieter and just huge...