Monday 15 April 2024

Sewing and cake!

I have like many been a follower of Attic24's blog for many years and have now had the privilege of visiting Skipton and Yarndale many times, which was initially started by Lucy.

Anyhow I digress! In Lucy's latest posts she writes how their are fewer and fewer blog writers.  To me now society just wants a quick fix of images or visual stimulation and not spend time reading and enjoying what people write.  But I write my blog as a way of writing my thoughts and sharing my activities.

It's been an interesting week for sure.  Last weekend I went with my Son and his partner to Just Fabrics an amazing material shop to make my first project bag. 

Then on Friday I was treated to an amazing cake for having been at my day job for 19 years!! 

I could not believe thinking back how much has happened. My Son was only 3 when I started, I've since been married, divorced and had Cancer.  

But through everything I've always had the incredible support of my Son who is my role model, Mum who is such a determined and strong willed lady and a few close friends. 

One of my next challenges set by my Son is to be able to run 5k together and I'm determined to do it. 

Who inspires you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...