Monday 3 May 2021

Rainy Bank Hol walk

So as is normal for UK when it comes to Bank Holidays, the forecast was set for rain.

But I really wanted to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

I intended going to the local wildlife reserve, but due to inconsiderate parking there was no space.

So I headed off in the direction of Tewkesbury. Then took a left turn and came across Oddas Chapel which is owned by English Heritage. 

I have not explored the local area to me much, over the years I tend to just frequent the same places.

This was a beautiful walk running parallel to the River Severn.

The open space, wind, rain and bird song where just a beautiful and so relaxing.

It makes me release how important being outside is.

Please enjoy my visual diary.



The curvature of this building is incredible and I just love the black and white detail 









On my walk I came across this boat just in the middle of the path. This would normally be odd but then it was right next to the river which gets flooded nearly every year. 



I just loved this brightly coloured mistletoe hanging from the tree.



The fields where just full of beautiful colour.


The ducks joined me for a short section of my walk.


I did a lovely circular walk and ended up at caravan site, which was a lovely location, but due to the closeness to the river all the caravans had to be elevated up.



I stopped on the way back, found a sheltered spot and enjoyed listening to the birds and drinking my warm drink. 

I didn't realise I was right next to the local sailing club too so that was a nice surprise. 



Until next time.....


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely walk. Look forward to joining you on it sometime. Wouldn’t fancy staying in one of those vans myself. Spooky.

    ReplyDelete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...