Sunday 7 June 2020

Stans first outing



Please welcome Stan. A new and amazing addition to the family.

Today headed to Malvern for our first outing.

You can potentially walk 9 miles along the range, with incredible views overlooking Gloucestershire on one side and Hereford and beyond to Wales on the other.

The built in Sat Nav sent us on a lovely country route past a farm shop called Clive Fruit Farm


The drinks we bought where just delicious.


We parked in a car park called Beacon Hill which had lots of spaces.  It cost £4.50 and was valid for the day. 

When we parked up I was blown away by this house and would imagine the views were incredible. 


 Before we headed off for our walk we had a delicious Cappuccino which was delicious along with homemade Rock cake. 



As we set off on our walk we saw lots of glorious Foxgloves. 


Bees we're having a field day, so much nectar for them.


Last year I didn't make it to Yarndale, but my partner bought me the drink bottle which keeps water super cool.


We try never to go anywhere without our knitting.  The beauty of knitting you can have many different size projects on the go.  I always have at least one portable project to take out.


My partner also loves knitting and takes amazing pictures.


The view from the top of the Beacon was stunning.

My favourite view was over towards Hereford and beyond to Wales. There clouds were constantly changing and there the view was full of different heights of hills and so green and lush.



I just loved the muted subtle shades of the grasses against the vivid purple of the Foxglove.




On the way back down I spotted these gorgeous delicate pink flowers. 

I hope you enjoyed my story, please feel free to comment. 


1 comment:

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...