Saturday 13 June 2020

My urban garden

I live in the suburbs of Cheltenham.  I love my garden, apart from the fact it is overlooked from every angle by other houses.

Over the years I have planted bulbs, shrubs, taken cuttings to produce more plants and have a combination of pots and a small border around the edge of a patio.

Inspired by a new programme that the renowned presenter Alan Titchmarsh has done called Grow your own, my partner bought two handmade planters so that we could grow our own veg.



So we headed off to the local Garden Centre Webbs and bought two fruit bushes a Bluberry and Tayberry which is a Blackberry/Raspberry hybrid with a high yield.





In the planters we have Radish, Carrot, Tomatoes, Curly Kale, Onions, Courgette, Cauliflower and Leeks. 

It's all an experiment having never grown veg before but so exciting as I love to see things I have nurtured grow. 

Aswell as these plants purchased two Strawberry plants and a Carnation flower that I divided in two. 

I am lucky to have a lovely neighbour on one side and I can hang my plant holder on the fence which helps break up the panel. 




I also spent some time repotting, tidying and moving plants. 









I hope you've enjoyed a brief tour of my garden. Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...