To start the month off, even though I already have plenty of knits on the go I cast on a second "The Painted Path" Cowl.
A new design I have created and just love it so much I wanted to see it worked up in a different colour way.
The new colourway uses yarn from Pigment & Ply a subtle shade of blue/green using 70% Baby Alpaca and 20% Silk and 10% Cashmere, so you can imagine the softness!
I am pairing this with Meadow Yarn 100% Merino yarn in the colourway "We walk the jewel" it has so many shades of blues and greens and hints of other colours running through it.
My first cowl/poncho, was knitting using Birdstreet yarn wine coloured yarn called "Dietrich" which is 70% Yak, 20% Nylon, 10% Merino and I have paired it with The Dye Shack75% Merino 25% Nylon variegated yarn called "Dark Rainbow".
The accessory can be worn like a poncho across the body, or a cape which keeps your back and neck toasty warm, or rolled up into a lovely cowl just perfect ready for the chillier times.
Not only does the pattern work perfectly if you use two contrasting colours, but it has added interest within the pattern itself with lace panels in different areas and a real fun, reversible collar.
My dear friend Bonnie from A Happy Crow modelled it beautifully for me and absolutely loved it.
I had a lovely Saturday at the beginning of the month as Birdstreet Yarn organises a group knitting and games afternoon in a village hall in Bristol. Seventy talented knitters come along and Birdstreet yarn bring along a selection of their yarns and always have another independant yarn dyer to also sell there yarns. This time it was my good friend James Makes Yarn so it was a double bonus to catch up with him and see so much stunning yarn on display.
I am now working on my second version of my cowl pattern, this time using Meadow Yarn as the variegated yarn and Pigment and Ply as the solid colour. I absolutely love how the colours are blending.
When I was away this year in Dorset I bought three more pictures from a local artist on the sea front at West Bay. They are sold by the son who takes gorgeous photographs of the area and his Dad had done the paintings. This picture was the last one he painted as he passed away a few years ago. I just love how the light shines on it in the morning and lights it up.
I do so love a good sky. Thursday morning at 6.30am did not disappoint!
- Clevedon
- Malvern Hill
- Stroud
- Blenheim Palace
- North Wales, alot of locations
- Slimbridge (of course!)
- Cleeve Hill, Cheltenham
- Brean Sands
- Forest of Dean
- Newport
- Hidcote National Trust
- North Devon
So when I say I take my knitting everywhere, I was not joking!
Within this module there are many many elements! So I am working my way logically through it.
The first part is research and the knitting two pieces under the title of "extreme knitting". So using 25mm needles and Chunky tube yarn, which is filled with Polyester I created a lovely pastel coloured piece, which has worked out perfectly as a head rest on my sofa.
The second weekend of the month, was an unusual one for me as I 100% stayed local. Combining doing some college work, reading and completely embracing the literal five minutes my angel came and laid on my lap. She is a very aloof kitty, so time spent where I get to have a cuddle is always welcome.
I also attended the weekly craft club at Kiwi Fruit is cute, where a whole mix of crafts from, knitting, sewing and this beautiful embroidery, were happening. I can so see the Pixies living in the little house, it's just adorable.
I am now halfway through my course and am on to my second sample for "extreme knitting" samples.
For this I have combined gorgeous yarns that have all been gifted by my amazing Mum and will be turning it into a lovely rug for the tiled floor in my conservatory.
Goodness we have now reached the third Sunday in the month!
Literally no idea where the time is going! But it involved an absolutely lovely craft club meet up and spotting these absolutely adorable miniatures that where for sale in the shop.
The very clever Sam had finished her stunning embroidery.
It was an absolute given as soon as I saw Nath in this jumper they had made that I would be getting them to pose for a picture, which they always so kindly do!
I am so happy with my second piece of "extreme knitting". Using 25mm needles and five strands of yarn.
I created the snugliest, warm lap blanket, that does not confirm to the standard rectangle, but flows round and had different shapes to it. I also absolutely love the colours, they are so me, as a friend pointed out.
For the last week of this month I was in Yorkshire, so I have done a separate blog for this.
Catch you in October!








No comments:
Post a Comment