They have done so much work in planting and it just looks stunning, both visually and for the wildlife.
Of course I took my knitting and sat by the river Seven as it is open for the Summer Walkway and just listened to the river, birds and surroundings whilst working on my knitted sock.
My second weekend in July when you just find that holiday spot that ticks all the boxes.
For me it is the campsite in Dorset which is so friendly and safe, but also the fact that I can leave my van and walk to the beach through a stunning village makes it even more special.
This picture was taken at 6.30pm and you could be abroad somewhere!
When I am home one thing I fail to do is make the most of the long light evenings. But when I visit here I am out till it is almost dark and it's just perfect.
I believe it was due to the exceptionally hot weather we have had in the UK for a few weeks, that there where a huge amount of jellyfish around the coast line. I was told these ones were not harmful.
I am currently working my way through my sock patterns I have designed ready for a craft fair in October.
What a place to sit and knit!
8pm and it is still glorious, just so much colour inspiration.
My first full day, even though the temperature was set to get to 31 degrees, I was determined to walk part of the South West Coast Path. At 9.30am the temperature was a manageable 24 degrees and the beach was not too busy.
I love how these flowers just grow within the shingle, they would definitely be drought-tolerant plants!
I have a thing for collecting pebbles and driftwood, sadly I could not get this home! But what an amazing piece.
It is now 12.15 and 30 degrees and the beach was filling up and I was a tad hot!
For those that don't know me, or even those that do, I am a person that has never wanted to go in a pub solo, let alone eat alone!
But a combination of being hungry, very warm and the incredible welcoming reception I received, meant I was so happy to sit and enjoy my first ever solo meal and it was so worth it. I will definitely will be doing it again!
Every time I take a walk to the beach I pass this stunning cottage, so when I saw it was for sale I just had to look it up. Rather out of my price range, but had I won the lottery it would definitely be on my list of places I would love to live.
My last full evening I took my knitting to the beach and just watched the sun go down and of course people watched. I can honestly say this place is just my "happy place".
I will soon be have my second go at yarn dyeing and these colours are definitely inspiring.
The third weekend there were no pictures other than this glorious window box, isn't it just so colourful.
I spent the weekend doing college work and visiting family and going to my new craft club I have found that is a nice group of all sorts of mixed crafts and friendly people.
For the last weekend of the month I had two trips in to the town.
I have not visited Pittville Park and Lake for months and it was lovely to see the fountains dotted around the lake.
I was shocked at just how many cars were parked up at 9.30 in the morning, so I asked a rather sweaty runner who had just got back to their vehicle. By all accounts, it was the Park Run of which approximately 600 people attend!!
Another feature from not having been to the park for a long time was, it must have looked stunning in the early summer, as there was a huge area dedicated to wildflowers which were going over, and a new pathway which had not been there before to walk through.
Part of the interest of walking through the park for me is I saw the first flat I lived in thirty seven years ago, which was the bottom two windows next to the door. It was a cosy set up with the shower and tiny kitchen all inside and I slept on an airbed for two years before buying my first flat.
Not a bad location, literally right opposite the park!
On the Sunday the second craft market took place. I however stopped off on Saturday to take some pictures that could be used on their social media on the Saturday while it was quieter.
The venue, Normandy House itself is a stunning building with a fascinating history. Built in 1810 originally as a private house. In 1839 another wing was added and it was converted to serve as Cheltenham's first general hospital.
It is listed as a Grade II building and is now used by commercial and office spaces.
The open area a the front works perfectly for Kiwi to be able to allow up to 25 different craft vendors showcasing there crafts.
I absolutely love the staircase up to the haberdashery shop, which honestly stocks just about everything you could ever want!
I also popped in to the Wilson gallery which is another brilliant venue within the town.
On the top floor was this fascinating exhibition of Dutch paintings.
I (as you know) love photography, and taking time to notice things. I have never really paid a huge amount of attention to the buildings in the Promenade, but isn't this building just gorgeous with detail on it. They don't build properties like this now!
These are just some of the vendors at the second craft fair.
There were I believe 20 stall holders with a really great selection of crafts.
I am now the happy owner of the cushion in this picture thanks to Angel_a_studio.
We also have the impressive Nath modelling a custom shirt which is one of Angie's creations.
You will be seeing more of Nath as they have very kindly agreed to model some patterns that will be coming over the next few months.
So another full on month, as always, but so much fun!







No comments:
Post a Comment