Tuesday 26 June 2018

Day trip in the Cotswolds


This weekend I decided instead of just staying home and doing the usual dog walk around where I live and then sit in the garden I would take myself off for a day trip around a very small area of the Cotswolds.

There are so many places to visit and after this lovely day I intend to do more of it.  I used to go out alot when my son was young taking him to lots of places. But now he is a teenager and my partner is not really in to visiting a place more than once.  But I am quite happy to re visit places and I always have my knitting for company!

Thanks to the joy of social media I decided my first place to visit would be Cotswold Lavender Farm. 

The farm is only 17 miles from my home and such a lovely drive through the countryside to get there.  I have visited the farm before, but last time we only made it to the tea rooms which is well worth a visit.

But this time I decided to walk in the fields and just have a couple of hours enjoying the scenery.

It is only £4 for adults and £2 for children so I think well worth the money.
 
To start with I had a wonder around the wildflower meadow that they have created.  The amount of butterflies was amazing and the beautiful flowers.  They have also provided information boards around the site to share information which is really interesting.




This field is one that is now "redundant" as the Lavender is not flowering, but I just love the shades of green that this image shows.
 As the weather was so warm I decided to find a little shady spot under a tree and just sit for half an hour and knit and watch the visitors as they gathered around the main Lavender area and take many many selfies.  

People watching is such a great pass time.



My next design in the making.

The Lavender just sets the natural colour of the yarn off perfectly.


I didn't buy and chocolate as I prefer dark, but I am sure this taste lovely.

Next on my trip was Broadway.

This is a quintessential Cotswold town with a lovely village green, a main high street and hotels and tea rooms line it along with a real mixture of shops.


They had a craft shop (which I used to work at before it changed hands) so it was nice to pop in and see what was for sale.




This building houses Trinity House Art Gallery who are based in London, New York, San Fransisco and Broadway.

The current exhibition is by a local artist P J Crook. 
Her work has been exhibited international and she has an MBE for her services to art.

Before I left Broadway for my next leg of my journey I had the most delicious ice cream, will definitely have another when I visit again!

My final stop before heading home was a favourite place of mine Winchcombe.

I have been visiting this town for many many years and have enjoyed some lovely walks around Sudley Castle surrounding countryside.



If you like a light hearted "romantic" read like me then Katie Fforde writes books often based on the Cotswolds.

I do hope you enjoyed this little trip I took.  

With so many more places on the map I will be back.

Here's to the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...