Sunday 20 June 2021

Wales 2021

So for the first time this year and since 2019 we have been able to go on holiday here in the UK. 

My partner and I have never been away for 7 days together and I planned loads of fun things to go towards celebrating her birthday. 

Day one, we stopped off at different locations along the way to our final stop. 

How brilliant to find yarn bombed post boxes in the town of Ross on Wye, the detail is brilliant. 

Next stop was Abergavenny, wow what a great town, it had everything you need. We stopped and had a delicious lunch and sat in some outside cubicles that had been built.

I made sure I researched and found a wool shop called The Wool Croft.  It stocked Rowan and many other well known brands.  I came away with the latest Spring/Summer magazine which is packed with so many beautiful knit projects.  My partner bought a beautiful laceweight yarn.


My current sock project coordinates perfectly with the book!







Our last stop was a drive through the Brecon Beacons. I have not been here for years and it just took my breath away the pure uninterrupted beauty, peace and vastness. 

We also past a few cyclist's on the journey, wow they must be super fit!! 


We arrived at our accommodation. The view is just priceless.  It is has views of uninterrupted views of the estuary. Just having that infinity view of the sky and the water coming and going on the sandy beach is something I would never tire of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tewkesbury with the bear

Back in April it was a glorious day so I decided to have a trip out with my beautiful furry companion to Tewkesbury which is just fifteen mi...