Sunday 18 July 2021

Stan's trip to Slimbridge

I worked out I have been visiting Slimbridge for around 19 years! I never tire of it and there is always something different to see.

In the last 2 years I have been able to share my special place with my partner who loves it as much as me. 

We now have a VW Caddy Camper which meant we could visit part of the reserve, then have lunch at Stan and go back for viewing the second part.




Naomi got an amazing video of the snails in the pond.

I love going up to the Tower that over looks the estuary. 






 
One of my favourite areas is the walkway that takes you down to the estuary where you can see over to The Forest of Dean and watch the tide coming and going in the estuary. 


The temperature was high 20's so being able to sit in the Shepherds hut with such a stunning view and feel the breeze to do a little knitting was just perfect. 


We then headed back to Stan for our lunch which was nice and cool having been kept in the fridge. Naomi even made a shady spot for me. 



The day Lilly's where in perfect colour with the Flamingos. 


Don't remember seeing so much pond weed before, but makes for a great photo. 



Naomi got to feed the Nene Geese one of the breeds that Sir Peter Scott brought back from extinction. 


One of the new areas that has been built during redevelopment is an incredible theatre with seating on 4 levels with a huge area for shade. We went and sat down and then to our great surprise where treated to an amazing talk about this beautiful Crested Crane. 

A magical day shared with my lady and now you all, hope you enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...