Tuesday 3 July 2018

1st July summer day walk

I am still striving to keep up the steps, aiming for 10,000 six days a week.  As it was another great day I decided to head out around Cheltenham.


As I walked passed the racecourse I realized the annual Cheltenham 5k and 10k race for Life event was on.


 A stop off at Wyevale Garden Centre. My little routine means that I get a nice refreshing drink, buy one or two small plants for the garden and have a short rest here.


I do love to see poppies blowing in the wind, this was the pathway down to the main racecourse.


 The racecourse is also home to Cheltenham Archers who where holding a tournament.  Is quite incredible how far away the target was they had to hit and I loved the road sign.




I don't know what these flowers where in the hedgerow, but oh so pretty.



I have not been on the steam railway but it goes from Cheltenham through to Broadway where I went last weekend.  For a very reasonable £18 for an adult you can get a Rover's ticket which means you can get off and on the 28 mile route and see some places I have yet to visit.  

That is the wonderful thing I've discovered about not only walking, but by writing my blog I am discovering new to me adventures I can go on.


Instagram is such a lovely app in many ways and in this case it enabled me to watch the temperature rise and rise as the day went on.


This was the total distance I walked today of 9.6 miles, which considering the heat was not too bad.



The remainder of my day involved chilling in the garden with my #roadtohappinesscardi I am designing. 


What are the temperatures where you are reading this?  How are you enjoying this heatwave if you are UK based?

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers in the hedgerow are orchids Sara you are very lucky I haven't seen any at all. Lovely walk well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to try and keep up the momento, going to be another very hot weekend again so will see what come up with xx

      Delete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...