Monday 31 August 2015

August Bank Holiday in UK

In theory the weather in August in the UK should be warm, but not this weekend.

It has been lovely having an extra day off work though!

I have spent my weekend doing a mixture of things.


Dog walking with the other half around Cheltenham Racecourse.


Indie our German Shepherd/Husky cross  is a very spoilt boy how enjoys nothing better than relaxing on the sofa.



On Saturday I managed a lovely spot of ripple crotchet in the garden. I
The pattern is by Attic 24 a gorgeous relaxing pattern.  The colours and inspiration has been chosen by my son, with the colours coming from an image of Canada.



On Sunday the rain did not really stop, so I decided to treat us to a gorgeous homemade Lemon Drizzle Cake.  Receipe by Mary Berry it is perfect with a cuppa.


Monday the rain still didn't let up till mid afternoon, so partly for warmth and comfort I put on my Easy Folded Poncho, just the job.


When the rain did stop I took a trip to our local B&M store and found a bargin cushion filler for my hand knitted cushion cover.

What have you been up to this weekend?

I hope you have had a great one.

Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...