Monday 2 April 2012

Anniversay and new goodie's

I had a lovely sit down last night catching up on loads of lovely blogs had not read for a while.  So inspirational it has to be said, to the point that I thought I would have a little up date of my own.

Today is the five year anniversary of meeting my beautiful now wife so bought her this card a little while back when me and the little fella went to Nature in Art



Recently I have finished my second pair of toe up socks from the Socks Toe Up by Wendy-Johnson using regia sock yarn designed by kaffe fassett I am really pleased with how they have turned out.



I am now working on a very girly lovely light flowing cardi for me cascade kid cardigan by Marelie Hurter but instead of using Kid Silk I am using Austermann by Meadow Yarn a lovely yarn company.

This is my progress so far



My lovely singer stand is looking awesome in the garden with my bulbs slowly coming up a pretty pinkish colour


Yesturday with the glourious weather we have been having over the last couple of weeks here I thought I would have a lovely half hour sit in the garden, (I find it very hard to sit still for long!)
But when I came to sit on my faithful recliner that is stored in the shed we found the seat part was rotting through and all the inside foam was falling everywhere.  So as I had recently sold some items on ebay I decided I would treat us and the garden to a new chair so headed off to Homebase.

I was chuffed to say the least as not only did I manage to get a new chair


But I managed to get the seat part which I could put on the old frame so now Mrs A-B can sit in the garden too or even Master H when he is about.


Just a little comment about the planter next to this chair.  Clever Mrs A-B got some pallets from work and made me a planter or two.  One holds my Daffodil, Tulip, Narcissi bulbs which is looking lovely at the moment.  We have one at the front of the house which has Lavender in and one which we use for fruit.  Such a great idea.

Finally just a little sneaky peak at my gorgeous kitchen painted wall again, still loving the painted house, with a home grown tulip on dislay.


Hope you like the post and thanks to Attic 24  According to Matt  Fabric and Flowers for your lovely blogs that in turn inspired me today.

If I don't post again for a little while have a great easter everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, thanks for the kind words Sara! I love your socks - I've been admiring the Kaffe Fassett yarn for quite a while but haven't got enough space in my existing sock yarn stash container for it!!!! And I absolutely love the card that you bought your OH - so pretty. Can't help but think it would make a lovely embroidery?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are beautiful but they do seem rather big. Try less stitches (in multiples of 4) or use smaller needles so they fit better. The heel seems loose and they look baggy over the ankle too. They will only get bigger and slip about.

    ReplyDelete

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...