Wednesday 31 August 2011

Turkey 2011

My goodness I can't believe it has been 30 days since I last entered the "blogging" world.

I thought I would share with you my trip for the first time to the lovely country of Turkey (well we only went to one place) that was Gumbet but we shall definitely go back to Turkey as it was a lovely place.

So I would love to share with you just a little snippet of our trip...

Part of what I loved about Turkey was the lovely vibrant colours, we went on a trip to a local market and came across these beauties.





















As we are a dog loving family it was nice to see lots of dogs about and they were all friendly too.



In the two weeks we were on holiday we did experience to me extremely hot weather in the mid 40's and the sea was calm as anything which lead to some lovely reflections in the sea.




On our travels we came across many Evil Eyes the traditional symbol of Turkey for me.


Now to round off my blog I can not go without mentioning what was one of the highlights for me. 

Me and my little man went on a trip to visit a more traditional village and we had the privilege of seeing first hand the Turkish ladies making the most amazingly intricate carpets and I had the joy of spinning some fleece on a drop spindle.  Here is what happened....







I hope you have enjoyed my trip, until next time :)





3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time from those photos. I think I would have been packing a bit more than the odd souvenir if I had been there, those lamps and the throws are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spice stalls you get in middle eastern markets! Pictures can never quite capture the atmosphere, the smell and the sound, but they go a good way to reminding me of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning pictures! It looks like you had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...