Tuesday 3 May 2011

Crafting Bank Holiday

Well what a joy two Bank Holidays and amazing sunny weather thrown in for good measure!

The first Bank Holiday on Friday 29th April was basically thanks to the celebration (incase you were unaware) of the  Royal Wedding.


Oh but before this me and Harry handed his lovely teacher Teddy H I had made as a celebration of her soon to be born bundle of joy she is due in the next couple of months.  It was great fun making Teddy H and quite frankly rather hard to give him up! But seeing the joy on Mrs W's face when I gave it to her was worth it.



For a change from knitting I decided to made a little handy bag (ok to carry my knitting projects in!)

I added some lovely hand made buttons purchased on a day trip out to The Taurus Centre.

Over the long weekend we decided to have a trip out to the beautiful Forest of Dean and take the dogs for a good walk, have a lovely picnic and then stopped of and visited Taurus Craft Centre.  It is an amazing place full of lovely individual craft areas covering Stained Glass, Jewlrey, Felt Making, Make Your Own Pot the list is endless.  I was spoilt too as my better half purchased the coolest bag for me from Gringo Shop.


Then we come around to Bank Holiday Monday.  Now close friends will know I have been trying to broaden my crafting horizons and master crotchet!!

In previous years I have made these simple items which are just Double Crotchet, which have been well used in the house.



But I decided I really wanted to make a throw for our bed.  So with the help from Tickety-boo giving me great help and a link to Art of Crotchet by Teresa who's You Tube helpful links I have watched for hours before finally the penny dropping, but oh I was sooooo pleased when it finally dropped!!



As you can see I'm working to a theme of purples and pinks which matches the lovely "girlie" colour of our bedroom.  Don't know if you can make out the square next to Tammy the cat but I have a long way to go!!
I look forward to sharing the finished artical with you all.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! You've done a great job. Love the Teddy too! look forward to meeting you at the weekend :o)
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Welford Park snowdrops in the Spring

This weekend I drove an hour from home to visit Welford Park . They have an incredible display of snowdrops that I had not seen before.  You...