Wednesday 16 March 2011

The "Blue" Rug

I decided it was long overdue to make my gorgeous son Harry something knitted and as he doesn't "do" knitted garments, what better than a rug to make.

So this is the progress of the rug from beginning to end....

Harry had full choice of yarn so we co-ordinated with his room colour

The two end panels

The middle panel

The reverse side of the middle panel

I picked up 199 stitches and then made a moss stitch 10 row panel to join the panels and edging

The joined panel

One side of the rug

The reverse side of the rug

I love the cable design close up

The reverse middle panel which has a lovely 3d effect

Proudly added to Harry's room along with his favourite "cuddly" toy

Hidcote

I am very lucky to live very near a very big variety of National Trust properties within the Cotswolds  This weekend I took myself off to  H...